The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weekly Reading: Thursday, November 10

Bullying is a major issue that is affecting people all over the world. This is something that has to stop.

50 Cent is Sharing His Voice about stopping the bullying with his novel, Playground.
He admits that he has not always been "role model material" for his fans, but his son has inspired him to change.
50 Cent Article
1. What do you think about 50 Cent writing a novel for kids about bullying?
2. Do you think 50 Cent is "role model material"?
3. Has 50 Cent learned from his mistakes? Do you think his lyrics will reflect the message in his novel?

5 comments:

  1. I think it is really cool taht 50 Cent wrote a novel for kids to read about bullying. He can be a role model for students and I think others would like to hear what he has to say.

    He can make a change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I think its cool that he did that. A lot of students know him and like his music.
    2. I think anyone can be a role model-it just depends on the decisions/actions they take.
    3. I'm not sure if he has learned from his mistakes, but it seems he is making a good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both make excellent points and I enjoyed your insight. I do have this book so let me know if you are interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be cool to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been bullied before and that is why I came here. I think it is a big issue in schools so i think its cool that 50 cent is trying to reach out to us kids. It shows he does have a passion for kids

    ReplyDelete